Welcome to the Anderson, Indiana Chapter of SCORE. Our local membership is comprised of about two dozen retired executives from all walks of life and representing a multitude of business disciplines. We have four past Chairs of the Chamber of Commerce for Anderson and Madison County, Retired General Motors Business unit Directors, Comptrollers, Plant managers, a former Chairman of a local bank and Chairman of the Indiana State Commission on Banking Practices and a retired Bank Vice-President. We have Realtors, a former President and CEO of a firm that manufactured for export, former owners of a variety of retail stores, a Professor Emeritus of Computer Science and many others. With this significant cross section of disciplines, The Anderson SCORE Chapter is well qualified by experience to provide counseling over a broad area of topics. In the event we are challenged beyond our local experience we have the entire national organization upon which we may draw.
Do you want to go into business? Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Is my product or service different from others already in my market area?
- Do I have the right kind of business experience to succeed?
- Can I prepare a detailed, credible business plan for the first three years?
- Am I able to take responsibility?
- Am I a good organizer for myself and others?
- Am I ready to put in the long hours that might be necessary?
- Am I ready to stick to it even during rough times?
- Do I have the support of my immediate family?
- Do I have adequate resources and credit and maybe a little bit more?
- Is my health up to the tasks ahead?
If you can answer yes to all of the above, consider the following issues:
If, as you read these, you are taken with a question, you can pursue your interest by filling out a mentoring request form.